Friday, May 14, 2010


For me art is about a feeling/emotion that over comes your body. Your own built in approval system. I discover what evokes my emotions by living, reading the world around me and utilize my knowledge to form ideas and opinions that I feel need to be expresses.

These are basic ideas seen everyday in the world we roam. Some people might just miss the expressive art perspective, but still have a reaction or feeling. They are reading the world for themselves.

Art is taught mostly by doing, but ultimately the finish product is an expression of your ideas and knowledge. Ideas are converted for artists technically through art elements and principles (value, balance, line, color, texture, space, form, etc).

Do you feel anything? Can you relate to this image?

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I had totally written this whole paragraph about your post and then in trying post it it was deleted...man!
    Art is the only thing that has ever really made sense to me. It is a universal language. Whether it's music, dance, or visual expression is key. In your post you talk about art being a natural indicator and I totally agree. Throughout time it has been a form of communication a tie from one persons world to another. "Reading" art is a higher form of thought and relating to it is an even more complex process. We all "read" so many things a day and how many of them could be considered art?

    ReplyDelete